Kingdom Living is Reconciliation.
Kingdom of God living is opposite from the governmental democracy ways of man.
Man operates under laws of reciprocation and the Kingdom of God operates under HIS Rule of law of reconciliation. Reciprocity is “I scratch your back and then you scratch my back.” Reciprocity is a way of responding to a positive action with another positive action. It is a means of give-and-take mutually. It is a means of exchanging in-kind, like a smile for a smile. You give me a gift and I am obligated to give you a gift in return. I buy you lunch and you are obligated to buy me lunch.
Reciprocity is based on exchange in which all parties have a mutual understanding of their rights and obligations. Relationships in family, business, and community are based on obligations of mutual respect. Relationships can be forged through gifts or personal favors and bring with them obligations and expectations. For every action, something is expected in return.
The Kingdom of God operates following the Constitution of the Rule of Law found in God’s Word and HIS Promises of reconciliation, love, forgiveness, grace and mercy. The following verses found in Romans 12 help establish Kingdom Living with the rules of reconciliation.
• Bless those who persecute you [who are cruel in their attitude toward you]; bless and do not curse them.
• Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty (snobbish, high-minded, exclusive), but readily adjust yourself to [people, things] and give yourselves to humble tasks. Never overestimate yourself or be wise in your own conceits.
• Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is honest and proper and noble [aiming to be above reproach] in the sight of everyone.
• If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
• Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for [God’s] wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay (requite), says the Lord.
• But if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.
• Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.
God did not reciprocate by counting your sin against you. HE blessed you by reconciling you to God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. HE loved all mankind so much he gave his life on the cross in exchange for all the sins of wicked man. HE has forgiven your sin as far as the east is from the west.
Go reconcile, love and forgive as Christ has forgiven you. Go and live as Ministers of reconciliation.
Copyright © 2024 Glenn Repple ALL RIGHTS RESERVED